NJCSTM Mission and Goal Statement
Our vision is to be a home for our students throughout their careers, moving beyond merely offering degrees, to providing professional development at all levels. The mission of NJCSTM is to serve Kean University as a multi-disciplinary scholars program in applied Science, Mathematics and Biomedicine. Through an integrated curriculum we prepare students to be well-rounded scientists and educators.
- Create future teacher-leaders that are sought after by school districts throughout the state
- Train professionals in applied science, math and biomedicine with both highly developed practical and critical thinking skills and with the potential to further their professional development.
- Recruit students from underrepresented and urban populations and have those students return to and continue to serve their communities.
- Create a community of alumni dedicated to the growth of NJCSTM and the success of future students and themselves in advancing scientific and technological innovation.
- Maintain a multi-disciplinary faculty in which ideas can be shared and faculty can develop outside of traditional domain areas.